A Few Things You May Not Know About Getting a Partner Visa

Posted on: 17 February 2022

If the person you have committed your life to is an Australian citizen, then you might be interested in moving to Australia. After all, your loved one might love their home country and might be interested in building a life with you there, and you might be interested in doing the same thing. If you don't currently have the approval to live in Australia, then you might be wondering about how you can get a visa to do so. The partner visa is definitely something you should look into, and you might have already started looking into it a little bit. These are a few of the things that you might not know about the partner visa that is available for people in your situation.

Your Spouse Can Be an Australia or New Zealand Citizen

First of all, you should know that your spouse does not actually have to be a citizen of Australia in order for you to qualify for a partner visa. They can be a permanent legal resident of Australia, or they can be a citizen of New Zealand. If any of these things apply to your spouse, then there's a solid chance that you might qualify for a partner visa.

You Don't Have to Be Married

In some countries, you have to be married to your partner in order to qualify for the equivalent of an Australian partner visa. This is not the case in Australia, however. You do have to be in a serious, committed relationship with your spouse, and you have to either live together or plan on living together once you secure your visa. However, you can be engaged or can simply be in a serious relationship. You will need to provide proof of your relationship to qualify for a partner visa, however. Obviously, if you are married, you can show your marriage certificate. If you are not married, then you can show things like your engagement announcement in a newspaper, proof that the two of you have signed a lease on an apartment together, proof that you have traveled together, or some other form of evidence. The more evidence that you provide, the more of a chance there is that you will get approved for your partner visa. Therefore, you'll want to gather up whatever proof you can.

These are some of the things that you might not know about getting a partner visa. If you talk to an immigration lawyer, they can provide you with even more information that you might not know, and they can help you with the various steps of getting a partner visa.

For more information on a partner visa, contact a professional near you.


How a Consultant Can Change Your Life

Hello, my name is Carla and this is my blog which will cover a range of topics about consulting and how a consultant can change your life. For a long time, I imagined that consultants were only used by rich people. However, when my friend recommended I visit a consultant who could help with my partner's visa application, I suddenly realised that a consultant was just an expert who can help you out. I have since used a consultant to make plans when I was building my new home and to advise me about financial investments. I hope you find my blog useful.

Latest Posts